At Exyn Technologies, we are excited about the future of robotics in the realm of aerial autonomy. Groundbreaking technologies are built by amazing people, and we’re looking for passionate and dedicated people to be a part of our Philadelphia team.
As a Senior Robotics Engineer, Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM) you will be responsible for developing and implementing the cutting-edge algorithms that allow Exyn’s robotic systems to map the world in which they live. You will work with a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team to further aerial autonomy and help deploy autonomous robots in commercial environments such as warehouses and subterranean tunnel networks. There will be opportunities to support field testing, work with customers and investors, as well as mentor members of the team.
- You have a M.S. or Ph.D. in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field (or commensurate industry experience). More experience is a bonus!
- You have significant experience in several of the following key areas (in no particular order):
- Modern approaches to 3D LIDAR-based SLAM
- Non-linear optimization methods and software packages for SLAM
- Bayesian state estimation (KF’s, EKFs, UKFs, IFs, and/or Particle Filters)
- Point cloud post-processing techniques and registration (point cloud “stitching”)
- Solid programming experience in C or C++ using standard Linux toolchains
- Fundamentals of object-oriented software development
- US citizenship or permanent residency
Great to Have
- Industrial experience fielding robotic systems
- Aerial drone experience
Exyn embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.