At Exyn Technologies, we are excited about the future of robotics in the realm of aerial autonomy. Groundbreaking aerial robots require great engineering, and we’re looking for passionate and dedicated interns to be a part of our Philadelphia team. To apply for internship, you need to be currently pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree in engineering. Highly motivated high school students will also be considered.
As a robotics intern, you will research, develop, and implement to extend our core algorithm, software, and hardware technologies while supporting our critical milestones. You will be part of an early-stage company and will have an opportunity to impact the direction of the company. There will be opportunities to support field testing, work with customers and investors, as well receiving mentoring from the team members.
At Exyn, you will work in one of two broad areas:
- Robotics Algorithms and Software: You will build competency in synthesizing state of the art algorithms derived from world-class research and adapting them for the given application. You will integrate these into the complete system to run in real-time scenarios
- Robotics Hardware and Design: You will build core hardware and mechatronic competency with the integrated physical system. You will work directly on our robots while prototyping, designing, assembling, and testing new designs
- Currently pursuing a BS, MS, or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
- You have experience in one of the following areas of robotics: planning, control, perception, state estimation, multi-agent coordination, mechatronic design, and hardware design
- For the algorithm/software track, you have C/C++ programming experience for robotic systems in a Linux-based software development environment (e.g., familiarity with the CMake toolchain and open-source libraries such as Eigen, Boost, and OpenCV is strongly desired)
- For the hardware/design track, you have experience in mechatronic design, electrical design, or 3D modelling (e.g. SolidWorks, Fusion 360)
- US citizenship or permanent residency
Great to Have
- You have experience with embedded systems, computer hardware, and sensors small enough to be used on unmanned aerial vehicles
- You have worked with sensors such as LiDAR, cameras, and IMU
- You are familiar with graphical user interface development (e.g., Qt) and open source libraries for 3D rendering/visualization (e.g., OpenSceneGraph)
- You understand how to write and test robust, safety-critical, and efficient code
Exyn embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.